Tournament Health Rules From YBOA of Alabama
Mobile Convention Center, Mobile AL
Ballin’ on the Bay Showcase Tournament July 24-26, 2020
- Parents must check themselves and their kid’s health condition before attending practices and tournament play (any breathing restrictions, high temperatures or cold symptoms) if health condition is not normal the parent and kid will not be allowed to play or attend.
- Temperature and Screening questions will be taken prior to entering the Main Arena.
- Parents MUST sign a waiver to participate in the tournament.
- Players must have their own sanitizer, towel paper or towel, disinfected wipes, mask, and gloves during the tournament.
- Teams are to enter 10 minutes before there game, Not earlier than 10 minutes. Teams and Fans will be notified when the Court is open-to Enter.
- Game shoes must only be used to play basketball, also should be wiped down with a disinfecting wipe or spray, before and after a game.
- Social distancing guidelines must be observed.
- Masks are to be worn by participants and Fans in all common areas.
- Masks are to be worn by all Fans inside the Convention Center with only exception, the dining area.
- No outside food and drinks allowed.
- Water bottles for players are the only exception.
- Teams will use designated area for team check in and Entrance/Exit. Only one team at a time may check in. It is recommended that coach check in team and then be handed appropriate tournament information to hand out to players.
- Fans will have a Separate Entrance/Exit than players. Upper Concourse.
- Pre-Game warm up only allowed before start of game not while games are taking place.
- Game Ball not to be used in warm ups. Game ball handed to Referee to be sanitized before the game.
- Players must sanitize before entering the game.
- Players must sanitize exiting the game.
- All table personnel will wear masks and are required to have sanitizer with them.
- Teams that participate must leave the court immediately after game is over.
- All pre and post-game team meetings are prohibited inside The Convention Center.
- No Handshakes at any time before or after the game.
- Sanitation Crews will sanitize as much as possible during the event. For Fan and Players, do not sit in chairs while crews are present.
Let us be safe and have a great tournament!
Ballin’ on the Bay 2020
Ballin’ on the Bay Showcase Basketball Tournament
BASKETBALL PLAYER WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, INDEMNIFICATION FORM
The undersigned Player (and/or parent or legal guardian of a minor player) states and agrees as follows:
- The undersigned agrees that a player voluntarily participates in playing basketball and assumes ALL risks associated with such play.
- The undersigned acknowledges that there are risks and hazards in playing basketball including, but not limited to, those caused by court conditions, playing conditions, equipment and other participants, in addition to the acts of dribbling, passing, shooting, and dunking a
basketball, running, jumping, stretching, sliding, diving, contact and collisions with other players, spectators, or stationary objects, any of which may cause death or serious injury or illness, including Covid-19, to the player.
- In consideration of Ballin’ on the Bay allowing play on the courts owned, operated, or used by Participants, Fans and Anyone in attendance of Ballin’ on the Bay, I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS AND RELEASE Ballin’ on the Bay Showcase Basketball Tournament and their officials, employees, agents and assigns from any and all claims, demands, lawsuits, costs and attorneys’ fees arising out of playing in Ballin’ on the Bay Showcase Basketball Tournament.
This release and Indemnification shall be effective and bind any and all heirs, dependents, executors, and assigns.
- I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE THE RIGHT AND OBLIGATION TO INSPECT the Court and areas surrounding prior to each game and agree to play in the “as is” condition. If I find the court is not safe, I have the right to choose not to play.
- I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing instrument and understand its terms and agree to abide by its terms and conditions.
Participant Name: __________________________________________________
Participant Signature: ___________________________________________________
Parent/ Guardian: _________________________________________ ____
Parent/Guardian Signature: ___________________________________________
Date: ___________ Signed: __________________________________________