GETTING STARTED WITH YBOA
To participate in Youth Basketball of America (YBOA) sanctioned events, players & coaches must be registered members of YBOA. Registration with YBOA is simple and affordable. Here are some easy steps to get your team or organization started with YBOA.
Develop your team or organizational structure, philosophy, and budget.
1. Determine your team or organizational structure such as directors, coaches, etc.
2. Determine organizational philosophy and team guidelines, playing time, etc.
3. Develop a budget that includes registration, uniforms, travel expenses, basketballs, etc.
4. CLICK HERE for 40% discount on uniforms and apparel discounts (Promo Code: 1015).
5. CLICK HERE for discounts on Official YBOA basketballs.
6. CLICK HERE for great fundraising ideas.
Determine the composition of your team(s).
1. CLICK HERE to determine your team’s grade level and eligibility.
2. Determine how players will be selected (tryouts, invitation, combination, etc.).
3. Determine how many players will be held on each roster.
Register your Team and Coaches with YBOA.
New YBOA Membership Highlights:
1. YBOA Team Membership fee will be reduced from $79.00 to $59.00 per team
2. Team Membership will now include 15 players
3. A YBOA Team Membership will now include one coach
4. Insurance benefits will stay in place
5. All other benefits will stay in place
1. CLICK HERE to register your Team Membership (players & coaches) with YBOA.
Become familiar with YBOA Rules & Regulations.
1. CLICK HERE to view the 2018/2019 YBOA Rules & Regulations .
2. CLICK HERE to view the 2018/2019 YBOA Grade & Eligibility Guidelines.
3. Collect a copy of each player’s birth certificate and current-year report card.
Select Tournaments and Register to Play.
1. CLICK HERE to learn about types of tournaments and qualifications.
2. CLICK HERE for information about YBOA Alabama Tournaments.
3. CLICK HERE for information on a YBOA Super Regional Championships.
4. CLICK HERE for information on the YBOA National Championship.